Here at YMCA Rebuild, we continue to operate through the ongoing COVID-19 situation. We are closely following the advice of the Federal and State Governments and will continue to operate until we are instructed otherwise. As industries continue to operate, you can rely on us to continue to support your facility maintenance needs.
To support businesses through this difficult time the YMCA Rebuild team has increased their service offerings to include:
- Cleaning services (offices, buildings, schools, universities, early learning centres and work sites)
- Pick up and delivery of goods, materials and equipment
- Installation of temporary fencing (within 100km of Melbourne)
YMCA Rebuild continues to offer services including;
- Garden & ground maintenance
- Landscaping & paving
- Painting & plastering
- Carpentry repairs & small building works including doors and windows
- Changing locks, light globes and smoke alarm batteries
- Rubbish removal
- Window and gutter cleaning (including at height)
- Office fit out, and
- Test & tag (health and safety requirement for all electrical items)
As always, the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers is our top priority. We are taking every precaution to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and ensure our staff and customers are safe.
Every YMCA Rebuild team member has completed the Australian Government’s COVID-19 infection control training, is Chemical Handling certified and meets all Occupational, Health and Safety requirements.
We are strictly practicing the following social distancing techniques:
- Crews are working with a maximum of three staff on site.
- No physical contact between staff and where possible remaining at least five metres apart.
- All staff have disinfectant and cleaning products available and with them at all times
- Staff are cleaning their hands frequently, including before and after touching tools, door handles and other high traffic objects.
- Staff are cleaning sites upon arrival and before leaving.
- All tools are cleaned before and after use.
YMCA Rebuild is a facility maintenance social enterprise that employs disadvantaged young people who have offended or who are at risk of offending. They provide support, training, mentoring and employment opportunities for young people, while providing a high-quality facility maintenance service to their clients.
By offering stable employment, YMCA Rebuild reduces reoffending rates for young employees from over 50% to under 5%.
By supporting YMCA Rebuild, you are not only allowing the business to continue operating, but to continue to positively impact the lives of disadvantaged young people through employment.
Note: At this stage, all usual YMCA Rebuild services can be safely and responsibly completed. We will provide updates if there are changes to our offerings.